What is Elaquin prescribed for?

Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 10 Sep 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I fell 2 months ago ,they said I HB a blood clot & mild stroke on the left.
They give me med:famotidine 20 mg 1X a day,digoxin 0.25mg 1Xaday,atorvastatin 20mg 1Xat bedtime.metoprolol25 mg 2Xaday 1 tab,clidogrelbisulfate75 mg1Xaday.
Now the dr wants me totake elaquin for what ????
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Eliquis

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome
If you mean eliquis then this is blood thinner and it will reduce blood thrombosis and reduce risk of new stroke and thromboembolic incidents. Such medications are used in cases when there was a stroke or heart attack and it has function of preventing further strokes. Wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 3 days later
Hello ,I'm just wondering if there are a lot of people get side effect from taking Eliquis medication ?????
I have to take that ,but I'm scare that my body gonna have side effect from this med,because I'm gonna traveling to Asia.
Thank you so much.
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
No

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
This is considered to be safe medication and this is new version of martefarin and eliquis has less side effects and complications. So it should not be problematic to travel and it will certainly reduce risk of stroke. It may cause some increased risk or bleeding after trauma but this is minor risk. Wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 6 hours later
I'm so scare to take a new med/equilis since there a side effect that I already have : dizzy, vomit . Allergy, etc. I didn't want to add more in my body.
My question is : the 5 med that I take doesn't do any good on me ??? So far I'm ok now .
What is your advice so I have a safe trip ??? Thank you , I really appreciate it
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hi

Detailed Answer:
Digoxin and metoprolol may have some side effect since these act on your heart function,but all other medications are not concerning and it won't bother you during the trip. Considering recent stroke,it is wise to take these medications since it will make your heart work better and reduce blood thrombosis. just have some a antihistamine with yourself in case if allergy.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj