• question-icon

What does this ultrasound scan report indicate?

Posted on Fri, 3 Jun 2016 in General Health
Question: Please help I am trying to conceive naturally. I am using a clearblue fertility monitor but it only ever shows high fertility and not peak. I have had blood test and an ultrasound scan done please find reports attached. 2nd scan I had shows the cyst has resolved. Do you see I can conceive naturally I am worried sick I will never be a mum

Please find attached an ultrasound scan report. I have since had another scan and cyst has resolved. Do you see I still need to see a Gynaecologist though other scan was normal? Was Gynaecologist just recommended due to the cyst which has now resolved? Do you see I can conceive naturally? All hormone bloods are good. FSH, LH TFT etc

Does the scan show i ovulate as I am worried I dont ovulate!
Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You have quite good chance of natural conception.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dear,

Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments:

1) I have reviewed your all attached reports. It shows small corpus luteum cyst (MOSTLY) which is seen in few percentage cases following ovulation. It is NOT much problematic in natural conception.

2) Yes, you can conceive naturally as most of the reports are quite good and normal. You should control body weight by regular exercise or XXXXXXX and it will help to regularize monthly cycle. It is essential to improve ovulation and chance of pregnancy.

3) If cyst is resolved completely, then you can try to get pregnant during your high fertile period (day 12--day 18 of regular 28-32 days cycle). You should continue for at least 6 months. Chance of pregnancy is 10-15% in each cycle.

4) If your cycle is quite irregular, then I can suggest to take progesterone pill like Dydrogesterone (from D16-D25) to regularize cycle and ovulation. In that case, you need to consult with your gynecologist for prescription.

5) You must take a healthy balanced diet with more fresh fruits and vegetables. LOW carbohydrate diet is preferable. Take vitamin-E and Folic acid supplements for 3 months in preconception period and there after.

6) You should contact with physical trainer for fitness and weight control. Avoid mental stress completely by regular meditation/ yoga in the morning. Maintain a healthy life style always.

Hope, it helps for your information. Wish your good health and take care.

For future query, you can directly approach me through

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=63326

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. S Patra 9 minutes later
I have lower abdomen cramping feels like a water infection its not infection though. I am weeing a lot more but no pain or smell or strong urine just an uncomfortable feeling and keep go to loo for a wee its driving me mad started like this yesterday. Pregnancy test negative do you see it could be too early and do I definitely ovulate please
Answered by Dr. S Patra 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Urinary infection. Repeat the test after 7 days.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,

Welcome back again.

1) I suggest you to undergo one routine urine examination to rule out urinary tract infection. Drink plenty of water, take cranberry juice in morning, maintain genital hygeine before and after sex, wear clean cotton underwear only and avoid chemical bath products.

2) Treatment includes antibiotic like Ciprofloxacin 500 mg Twice Daily and urine alkalizer for 5 days. Anti-spasmodic drug like Drotaverine etc can be taken for abdominal cramp. You need complete prescription from your regular doctor.

3) Yes, there is quite chance of ovulation in this cycle. However, it is very early for pregnancy test. I suggest you to repeat the test soon after missed period or after 7 days. It will give accurate result. Review with test report.

Hope, I have answered your query. Good luck and take care.

Dr. S Patra

OB & GYN Specialist