What does the below mentioned lab reports indicate?

Posted on Fri, 5 Jun 2015 in Infertility Problem
Question: Hi
I am 36 years n hydrosalpinx/ blocked tubes. Laparoscopy done last month n the doc said she had make small punctures in tubes so that the fluid should come out. My AMH is only 0.5. She suggested Ivf. Started suprafact 15iu from 21st April. N Gonal F 600iu on 5-6 May, Recagon on 7-8 May n persinal from 7 to 15 May.all 600iu I have 9 follicles. 2- 17 mm n rest 18 mm. My LH 0.9mIU/ml E2-4082 pg/ml P4-2.4ng/ml before final shot. Today HCG shot 6500. Egg retrieval is on 17/5/15 Shud we cancel/ continue this cycle? Confused? What are the chances of success?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Dont cancel cycle

Detailed Answer:

You have good response to injections. Please don't cancel the cycle. Please continue the cycle as planned earlier.

You have good chances of success.

Go ahead with cycle. Don't think of cancelling. Let me know if you need any more help.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol.
IVF&Infertility Specialist
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later
Hi
Thanks, but what about the high pregestrone level as my doc said the chances r approx. nill coz of that also m a bit worried about the hydrosalpinx as I don't understand whether puncturing them was the gud solution for it or not. Why my pregestrone level is so high I.e 2.4 ng/ml?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Freeze embryos

Detailed Answer:

Progesterone levels are high. You undergo Egg pickup and freeze the embryos. Get them transferred next cycle when progesterone values would have lowered.

Cancelling cycle now is no use.

Puncturing hydrosalpinx was a good idea.
Thanks
Pls explain what is the role of pregestrone in IVF. How high is my pregestrone level I.e 2.4 ng/ml? What could be the reasons it is high as it was never high in past? Which one is better for Ivf fresh embryo transfer or freezed embryos? How many embryos Can Be transferred at one cycle? Should we take some for this cycle for a trial n rest freezed for the next cycle? Pls suggest. N if we opt for next cycle with freezed embryos then will they give me the same medicine again for stims or if not what kinda medicine will be given to me n what will be its process for the next cycle? Pls suggest
Brief Answer:
Details explained

Detailed Answer:

1) Progesterones are necessary to help and support growing embryo.

2) But premature rise associated with bad outcomes as it is supposed to rise after ovulation.

3) Frozen and fresh embryos have same results. In situations like this where progesterone is high, freezing is recommended.

4) Any number of embryos can be frozen in a cycle and there is no limit.

5) You can get some embryos transferred and freeze the remaining. Trial transfer is also worth if you have many embryos.

6) If you opt for frozen cycle, you wont get all these injections you are taking. You will get few tablets to improve your endometrium from second day if your cycle.
Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist