What does persistent pain in the arms, legs and below the heart indicate?
And i have sharp pain just below me heart this happens when i do to much getting to a stage where it dosnt stop . Hurts driving getting in n out of car just had a MRI you can c the damage . And just sitting straight tryin to i have great pain both sides just above me bottom to half way up back.
The previous doctors do say i have
I would recommend as follows:
Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!
Regarding your concern, I would explain that your symptoms could be related to a spine disorder.
I would exclude any cardiac disorders, because your symptoms are not typical of any cardiac disorders.
The shooting pain the arms and legs, and even in the thoracic region is typical of a nerve damage or a spine compression.
For this reason, I would recommend consulting with your attending physician for a careful physical exam and some tests:
- a cervico-thoracic spine X ray study
- a nerve conduction study to exclude a possible nerve compression
- blood electrolytes
- vitamin D levels for possible deficiency.
You should discuss with your doctor on the above issues!
Wishing all the best,
My answer as follows:
Thank you for the additional information!
The shooting pain to your legs could be related to the disc herniation in these levels of the lumbar spine.
But the shooting pain in your arm, is related to the cervical spine.
For this reason, I recommend performing a cervical spine X ray study.
The nerve conduction study is also necessary to exclude a possible peripheral neuropathy or a pinched nerve.
You should discuss with a neurologist on this.
There are several treatment options for this kind of pain, including antidepressants (duloxetine) and anti-epilepsy drugs (pregabaline and gabapentine). These drugs are used for some months, and their target is chronic nerve or back pain.
A spinal surgeon consult may be necessary based on your cervical spine MRI. If spinal canal compression is revealed by the cervical spine MRI or lumbar spine, surgery may be needed.
You should discuss with your doctor on the above tests and issues.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
Wishing all the best,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Heart sting arm pain
- Heart attack pain in arm
- Heart arrhythmia arm pain
- What type of arm pain with heart
- What type of chest pain indicates heart problems
- Right arm leg pain heart
- What causes numbness in left arm with pain in heart
- Right arm pain and heart
- Does pain in shoulder and arm indicate heart problems
- Heart pain one arm below elbow
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?