What does my ultrasonography result indicate?
Uterus: anteverted,longitudial101mm,AP36mm,transverse 51mm, Volume97.1ml.
Endometrium: thickness 11.2mm
Right ovary: size 22mmx15mmx12 mm. Volume 2.1ml
Size33 mmx17 mmx16 mm. Volume 4.7 ml
Cystic structure noted within the left ovary measuring 15x12x11mm.
Having irregular periods and left side pelvic pain.
I am 47 years old and last 12 months pelvic pains have got worse as I have rheumatoid arthurites thought it could be hip pain but notice the pain was more upon my period.
follow up scan and endometrial biopsy
Thanks for writing in to us at hcm.
This is Dr.Riyanka and I am glad to be helping you with your query.
Uterus is mildly bulky with endometrial thickness at upper limits of normal for your age.
Right ovary is normal in appearance.
Left ovary shows a small follicular cyst and can be considered to be normal.
The pain you are experiencing is unlikely to be due to the small follicular cyst in left ovary.
It is possible that rheumatoid arthritis is causing your pain. However, at your age there is a need to do a transvaginal ultrasound if your present ultrasound is done transabdominal route. A transvaginal scan will show greater detail of the uterus and any fine abnormality that is not well seen on transabdominal scan.
If your present scan is transvaginal then it is possible that you are having hormonal imbalance due to perimenopausal age and therefore there is inconsistency in periods and occasional pain.
If the endometrial thickness is persistently increased on a follow up scan or if you have abnormal heavy bleeding then doing an endometrial biopsy might be required.
Hope this answers your query.
Do write back if you have any further doubts.
Get well soon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pregnant had ultrasonography what does it mean
- What are the findings from abdominal and inguinal ultrasonography
- Ultrasonography done what are the findings in the report
- Ultrasonography of uterus done what does the result indicate
- Abdomino-pelvic ultrasonography done what does report suggest
- Ultrasonography of bladder done anything to worry from results
- Pregnant had ultrasonography what are the findings
- Ultrasonography shows anteverted uterus enlarged size what does it mean
- Pelvic ultrasonography done what does report mean
- What are the suggestions after analyzing the ultrasonography