Getting irregular period. Was on birth control pill. Getting colds, sore throats, stomach flu. What to do?

Hi, Im a 33yr old Indian woman, recently married. My husband and I decided on birth control pills instead of condoms so i went on the pill a month before the wedding. However the pill caused me considerable mood swings and overall uneasy feelings and i stopped after finishing the first file. Since then my period has become even more erratic than before. Its been 8months since i quit the pill and my periods have not normalized yet. I used to get 4-5 days of period with normal to heavy flow and some blood clots. Now on certain months i get heavy flow or very light flow, duration has also gone haywire...sometimes 3 days or sometimes 7. I ve also noticed blackish dry clots before the onset of my periods now which i never saw before. This month s menstruation is truly baffling me. I was due to stsrt on the 3rd week but i started spotting from the 9th of this month and my period is still on! Flow is very light to medium and has been on for past 9days! I think i should also mention that since i gave up the pill, we are not using any type of birth control. Although i m not ready to be pregnant, my husband insists on going skin to skin :-/ Its been a stressful time for me adjusting to the whole marriage setup and I ve fallen ill a number of times (usually im of pretty robust health) with colds, sore throats, stomach flus. And on top of that my periods have been giving me added tension . Please advice!
Tue, 31 Dec 2013