How to determine ovulation dates while having irregular menstruation?
YOU NEED TO TEST YOUR THYROID HORMONE
I have gone through your question.
Are you having polycystic ovarian disease.?
If not get your Thyroid function test along with an ultrasound to rule out any abnormalities of ovaries and uterus causing this irregular periods..
Have you put on lot of weight?or on any other medications?
Feel free to ask your doubt with more details.
Not mentioned about TSH
You can use ovulation kits or follicular study to confirm ovulation.
If your periods are regular ovulation happens around 14 days prior to your next period.
If you are planning to conceive make sure that your TSH is normal and start taking folic acid.
You need to repeat TSH every 6 months irrespective of pregnancy or periods to maintain thyroid function.
It's difficult to predict ovulation in an irregular cycle.
I'd suggest you get an ultrasound scan on the second day of your periods followed again on 8th and so on till ovulation happens.This is called follicular study.
That is the best way to track ovulation.
Hope my answer is helpful
During ovulation you can have sex even daily.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Duphaston for irregular menstruation
- Eltroxin irregular menstruation
- Irregular menstruation safe days
- How to avoid pregnancy for irregular menstruation
- Postinor cause irregular menstruation
- Irregular menstruation ovulation
- Irregular menstruation how to prevent it
- Irregular menstruation for before marriage
- How to use ocp in irregular menstruation
- Atenolol and irregular menstruation
- Is Crina NCR effective for irregular menstruation?
- Can Misoprostol induce withdrawal bleeding?
- What does a negative home pregnancy test after IUI procedure indicate?
- What does clear watery vaginal discharge with itchy vulva indicate?
- Suggest treatment for irregular menstruation when trying to conceive
- What causes vaginal spotting after taking an I-pill?
- What does this transvaginal ultrasound report indicate?
- Suggest remedies for hyperprolactinemia causing infertility
- What are the chances of pregnancy through non penetrative sexual activity?
- What does my ultrasound scan test result indicate?