What does my lipid profile test report indicate?

Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali

Posted on Wed, 9 Sep 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: In last Oct, i had been with my uncle when he underwent open heart surgery and after seeing his angiogram reports. i felt really nervous and that day onwards my body started reacting abnormal. I heard all his issues and started feeling same like chest pain, left hand pain, tingling in fingers etc. My left hand & leg are working properly but i feel inconvenient. out of anxiety i myself underwent ECG in Dec '15 and it came as abnormal. One of Healthcare magic suggested it is fine. Recently i had symptoms again and i toke ECG, 2d echo & Lipid. I had similar problem in 2012 and i underwent 2D echo & tmt and doctor told everything is fine. He had suggested Anxiety tablets. I was fine till last dec '14. Please refer my current reports and confirm if everything is fine with me. I have gastric problem from past few years. I am undergoing lot of stress because of this. My normal life affected.
Lipid profile:
Total cholesterol:186 mg\dl
HDL cholesterol: 38 mg\dl
LDL cholesterol: 125 mg\dl
VLDL cholesterol: 23 mg\dl
Tryglycerides: 109 mg\dl
cholesterol/ HDL ratio: 4.8 mg\dl
LDL\HDL ratio: 3.5 mg\dl
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
The results are within normal limits.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Hi
Good afternoon.
I appreciate your concern for your beloved uncle.

After having gone through the uploaded reports of ECG, Echocardiography and the lipids profile I am of the opinion that the results are within the normal limits.
So, there is nothing to worry about it.
Relax, continue your routine activity, take the prescribed tablets for anxiety.

Hope to have answered your query.

Best regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 36 minutes later
Thanks sir for clarification. Half of my worry is down.Do suggest diet and exercise to improve my hDL and Ldl.
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Lifestyle modification and daily exercise will help.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Hi
Welcome back.
Thanks for your compliments.

The HDL cholesterol ("good cholesterol") reduces the deposition of fat in the blood vessels can be increased by regular exercise and by avoiding smoking.

The level of LDL cholesterol can be well maintained by taking a vegetarian diet, poultry, fish, fruits, etc.

Last but not the least, try to avoid stress or stressful situation.

Wishing you best of your health.