What does my lab test report indicate?

Dr. Hardik Sanghvi

Hematologist

Posted on Sat, 1 Apr 2017 in Blood Disorders
Question: Hi,
I gone for the Medical test & some of the results marked below as important
high sensitivity C-reative protien is 3.03
25-OH Vitamin D is 11.44
Blood Urea Nitrogen (Bun is 6.47
Bun/SR.Creatinine Ratio is 8.74
Lymphocytes is 3.24
Basophils is 0.01
Mean Corp.Hemo.con(MCHC) is 30.4
Red Cell Distrubution with is (SD)-49.1 & (CV)-14.3
Plateletcrit(PCT) is 0.42

Am worried as lot of these marked in my reports

Prasenna XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You have vitamin D deficiency.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear
I have gone through your question.
I can understand your concern.

You have vitamin D deficiency. You need vitamin D supplements. Drugs like lumia 60 k is useful. It is prescription based medicine so consult your doctor and take treatment accordingly.

Moreover take direct sunlight exposure and vitamin D rich diet.

Your C reactive protein, RDW, MCHC, BUN, lymphocytes , basophil and All other findings are not significant much.

I can't get your platelets count. Either send me unit of platelets count or give reference range.

Hope I have answered your question. If you have any doubts then feel free to ask me. I will be happy to answer. Thanks for using health care magic.
Wish you a very good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 14 hours later
Dear Sir,
I have uploaded my full test report...
Pls verify & confirm me the updates...

Red cell width increase will make any problem in my health.. am afraid..
Pls tell remedie to lower that problem
Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Red cell distribution width is not significantly high.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear
I have gone through your question.
I can understand your concern.

Your red cell distribution width(RDW) is not high significantly. Slight variation is common. RDW indicates variation in size of RBC. So don't worry about it. You don't have anemia so it is ok.

Your average blood sugar is high and you need to take anti diabetic drugs for it.

Your vitamin D is low. For that drugs like lumia 60k is useful. Consult your doctor and take it accordingly. Sun exposure and vitamin D rich diet should be taken along with it.

Your all other reports are normal or near normal and nothing to worry about other parameters.

Wish you a very good health.
Follow up: Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 10 hours later
Hi Sir,
Thank you for your suggestions...
Am already a Diabetic person & now came to control & lower my sugar levels...
As My coloestrol is also very high as Triglycerides is 532..
Came to full die control & normal all the functions as you seen in the report...

Yesterday i met Dr here & from Vitamin D he gave me Tayo-60K and asked to take
only one tablet per week and asked to take daily cord-liver oil tablets with vegetables & fruits..

Again thanks a lot for your worktable answers regarding my doubts...

Thanks a lot
Prasenna XXXXXXX
Tamilnadu...
Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Tayo 60K is ok.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear
I have gone through your question.
I can understand your concern.

Tayo 60k contain cholecalciferol. It is active vitamin D3. It is perfect medicine. Yes it's dosage is once a week. Continue it according to advise.

Wish you a very good health.