Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
150 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What does this blood report indicate?

Answered by
Dr. Shehzad Topiwala


Practicing since :2001

Answered : 1663 Questions

Posted on Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: Hello Doctor,

I have hypothyroidism and was taking Thyrox 100 and went for routine test last month. Tsh was found in normal range and around same time I visited one Homeopathy doctor and started taking Homeopathy medicine for thyroid and stopped taking Thyrox tables. Now I get my complete health check done and found that My Tsh is more than 150 and T4 is also not normal. T4 is out of range first time in last 6 years since I was diagnosed with Thyroid disorder.

I am attaching my lab report and looking for consultation since along with Thyroid there are few other things which are not in range.
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Sorry to learn about your abnormal laboratory test results.

Based on the thyroid condition you have, it is inadvisable to discontinue thyroid medication. You will need thyroxine lifelong. Not only that, it is vital to ensure you are prescribed appropriate doses. This entails frequent initial visits to the the thyroid specialist.
Your Vitamin D levels are also.
When I see someone like you in my practice, I typically recommend
Cholecalciferol 60,000 International units orally once a week for 3 weeks followed by monthly doses lifelong. I would also adjust the thyroid medicine dose after physical examination.
Your cholesterol levels are high most likely due to your untreated thyroid status. It is expected to improve after normalizing your thyroid problem.
Correct diagnosis and treatment requires the opportunity to examine the patient so you must see an endocrinologist in-person.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Medical Topics ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Thyrox

doctor1 MD

hi doc i m in my 9 th month and recently got TSH checked it is 10.21. i m taking 100mg of thyrox right now which my doctor reduced from 125mg on...

doctor1 MD

Hello doctor, from past 6months hair loss in beard area. On the chin area. Doctor identified it as alopecia areata and suggested MX2 and mosol...

doctor1 MD

My wife is suffereing from thyroid since 2007. Reported TSH 7.95. After that through consultation now it is 3.15. ( T3=110 ng/dl, T4=9.7ug/dl)....

doctor1 MD

Hi during my medical examination I got Total cholestrol 204, SGOT 62.60, SGPT 83.20 GGT 180 T3 130; T4 7.80; TSG 31.85 Bun/Sr creatine ratio 20:1....