What does this blood report indicate?
I have hypothyroidism and was taking Thyrox 100 and went for routine test last month. Tsh was found in normal range and around same time I visited one Homeopathy doctor and started taking Homeopathy medicine for thyroid and stopped taking Thyrox tables. Now I get my complete health check done and found that My Tsh is more than 150 and T4 is also not normal. T4 is out of range first time in last 6 years since I was diagnosed with Thyroid disorder.
I am attaching my lab report and looking for consultation since along with Thyroid there are few other things which are not in range.
Sorry to learn about your abnormal laboratory test results.
Based on the thyroid condition you have, it is inadvisable to discontinue thyroid medication. You will need thyroxine lifelong. Not only that, it is vital to ensure you are prescribed appropriate doses. This entails frequent initial visits to the the thyroid specialist.
Your Vitamin D levels are also.
When I see someone like you in my practice, I typically recommend
Cholecalciferol 60,000 International units orally once a week for 3 weeks followed by monthly doses lifelong. I would also adjust the thyroid medicine dose after physical examination.
Your cholesterol levels are high most likely due to your untreated thyroid status. It is expected to improve after normalizing your thyroid problem.
Correct diagnosis and treatment requires the opportunity to examine the patient so you must see an endocrinologist in-person.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Blood test done what does the report indicate
- What does my sons blood report indicate
- What does these blood reports for salmonella typhi indicate
- What does mild anisopoikilocytosis indicate in a blood report
- What does my blood sugar report indicate
- What does my blood report indicate
- Done with blood work what does the report indicate
- What does the blood and semen analysis report indicate
- Crp blood test done what does the reports indicate
- Blood cholesterol test done what does the report indicate
- Thyroid problem,unable to conceive,hormone deficiency
- How are headaches and vitiligo treated ?
- Feel cold, lightheadedness, memory problems, foggy thinking,...
- Hypothyroidism due to Hashimoto's thyroiditis, taking Thyronorm. Do you...
- Underweight, taken dexamethasone. How can I gain weight?
- What can be done for a high blood sugar? Have frequent urination.
- Had hormone imbalance. Used androgel when testosterone went down. Will...
- Have a postprandial hypoglycemic reaction to foods with carbs. Gaining...
- Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. Is Armour thyroid or Erfa thyroid better...
- Cold feeling after eating sugar. Headache, fever, BP high, have...