Owl Image

What does my colonoscopy report indicate?

Owl Image
Dr. Manjunath Metri

General Surgeon

Question
Hi, my father at 51 was diagnosed with cancer in his duodenum from an endoscope he died 3 years later. I'm now 50 and was wondering if I should have that procedure. I've had them in the past because of upper right quadrant problems and was told I have a hiatal hernia and gastritis, this was years ago and still have the same symptoms. My father was throwing up by the time the cancer was found and was in late stages. I also had a Colonoscopy yesterday and they said they removed 4 polyps and I have diverticulitis that's all I know right now.
Fri, 8 Dec 2017 in Lump

Answered by Dr. Manjunath Metri 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Presently, not recommended..

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to HealthcareMagic..
I thank you for posting your query here and I am definitely going to help you out..

I read your question completely and have understood it well enough.

Please note..

1. I like the way you are thinking. But, believe me all cancers are not hereditary.

2. Most of the cancers are multi factorial, meaning, various causes contribute. Cannot pin point to one cause.

3. Going back to your question, did you have an upper GI endoscopy earlier when the diagnosis of Gastritis and Hiatal Hernia was done. If yes, he doctor would have found any suspicious lesion then and definitely he would have taken tissue for biopsy.

Hence do not worry.

4. Now, let's wait for Biopsy report of the Polyps that were removed yesterday.
After that we can plan ahead.

5. But, currently I do not recommend upper gi endoscopy or biopsy.

Hope this helps you..
In case you need further assistance, please contact me back.
Or, you can close the question and rate.
Take care..

Follow-up: What does my colonoscopy report indicate? 2 hours later
Ok, thank you

Answered by Dr. Manjunath Metri 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Welcome..

Detailed Answer:
Welcome..
Take care..