• question-icon

Suggest treatment for hiatus hernia of 2cm length inspite of having normal funds, antrum and duodenal bulb?

Hi, my mother has hiatus hernia of 2 cm length present. Ircumferential ulcer present in the hiatus. She has normal funds , body and Antrum . Normal duodenal bulb and II part. Doctor has sent the sample for biopsy. Suspect 1. Cameron s ulcer ? 2 carcinoma GE junction ?? Please advise
Fri, 8 Feb 2019

After reading your query thoroughly, I have come to the following suggestions.

* The issue may be present with ligament laxity and some neurologic issues.

* Biopsy is confirmatory to rule out any type of pathological alteration from the normal whether dysplasia, metaplasia or cancer.

* Kindly provide all the available reports as attached scanned copy for further reference and insight in the issue precisely.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Bhagyesh V. Patel, General Surgeon