What does my blood test report indicate?

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Thu, 25 Aug 2016 in Infections
Question: My blood test results have come back as follows: Salmonella AB, EIA Salmonella H, type A is equivocal
Salmonella H, type B positive, Salmonella H, type D negative, Salmonella O, type VI negative, Salmonella O,
Type D negative. What does all this mean?
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is a type of bacteria which is isolated in cultures, & needs treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to health care magic! Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible.

Based on the history and reports you have shared, it seems as if you had been suffering recently from fever spikes or gastro and blood cultures or serologies went for tests in blood screens to promptly isolate the organism and treat accordingly.

In your reports Type B subtype of the bacteria is isolated and this one causes human emetic fever. Early treatment to clear it off the system is important as otherwise it may cause chronicity of infection and cause long term trouble some. In minor cases with too little clinical symptoms who can tolerate oral antibiotics usually long term course of antibiotics like ciprofloxacin alone or with azithromycin is given for ten to fourteen days. Meanwhile symptomatic treatment with analgesics and fluids is continued.

Liver function tests are screened in between and abdomen examination to rule out any guarding or extreme tenderness and it's early detection is needed to rule out any signs of bowel trauma or injury.

Hope this has answered your query, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad