What causes swollen and painful joints while on Prednisone for bronchitis?
keep monitoring your situation for the time-being
Hello and welcome to HealthcareMagic,
I have gone through your concern and I can understand your concern.
Usually, steroids have side effects when they are taken for a long time and in high doses. In my clinical experience, steroids used for two weeks shouldn't have side effects in almost all cases.
Swollen and painful joints might be part of bronchitis too especially in viral ones.
I don't think these are side effects signs.Probably the infection is not completely gone away.
I recommend you not to get to ER but to discuss again with your treating doctor for your actual symptoms because he knows better your clinical picture and what to expect from it.
Chest CT is very important too in evaluating better your lungs.
Only if your symptoms get worse with such as difficulty in breathing then you should go for medical assistance in ER.
I wish a fast recovery for you
Hope to have been helpful for you
Regards and feel free to ask me again
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What expectorant for bronchitis with prednisone
- What causes painful swollen epididymis
- Can taking prednisone cause swollen testicles
- What causes bronchitis in baby
- What causes painful swollen eyelid
- Can prednisone cause swollen testicles
- What causes painful and swollen eye
- What causes painful swollen knee
- What causes swollen blood vessels and joint pain
- What causes bacterial bronchitis
- Are pulmonary function tests advisable for diagnosing COPD?
- Suggest natural remedies for insomnia
- Suggest treatment for COPD in an elderly person
- Suggest treatment for pain in the ribs
- What causes cold while on Dextromethorphan?
- What causes constant pain in the ribs after injury?
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection in the lungs
- Suggest treatment for dry cough and pain in the ribs
- What causes fever and crackling sound in the cough?
- What causes frequent urination along with zits on the chest and face?