What causes throat pain while swallowing food?

Dr. Riddhi Shah

ENT Specialist

Posted on Mon, 21 May 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Throat pain

If i eat a normal food, feeling spicy while swallowing. Pain during drinking water as well. This is happening from 1 week.
Answered by Dr. Riddhi Shah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Probably suffering from Pharyngitis(Inflammation of Pharynx)

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thank you for posting your query on Health care magic.

I have gone through your query and can understand your concern.

Looking at your symptoms,you are probably suffering from Pharyngitis (Inflammation of the Pharynx).

You may find relief by taking the following medication:
Analgesic with Antiinflammatory like Ibuprofen,
Antacid like Rantac.

Also do warm saline gargles.
Drink lots of warm fluids.
Avoid smoking,dust,eating spicy and oily food.

Hope this answers your question.Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Riddhi Shah 59 minutes later
I have to take ibuprofen and rantac is it?

What's the does per day for both tablets and for how long should i continue.
Answered by Dr. Riddhi Shah 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes,you need to take Ibuprofen and Rantac

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thank you for your follow up question.

The dose of the medicines will be as follows:
Ibuprofen (200 mg) two times a day,
Rantac(Ranitidine) (150 mg two times a day),

Take the above medicines for atleast 3 days.

Also do warm saline gargles (Add salt to warm water and then do gargles).Do it atleast 3 times a day.

If still there is no improvement,then you may need to start Antibiotic like Azithromycin after consulting a Physician or an ENT specialist doctor.

Hope this helps you.Get well soon.