What causes throat pain while swallowing food?
If i eat a normal food, feeling spicy while swallowing. Pain during drinking water as well. This is happening from 1 week.
Probably suffering from Pharyngitis(Inflammation of Pharynx)
Hi, thank you for posting your query on Health care magic.
I have gone through your query and can understand your concern.
Looking at your symptoms,you are probably suffering from Pharyngitis (Inflammation of the Pharynx).
You may find relief by taking the following medication:
Analgesic with Antiinflammatory like Ibuprofen,
Antacid like Rantac.
Also do warm saline gargles.
Drink lots of warm fluids.
Avoid smoking,dust,eating spicy and oily food.
Hope this answers your question.Take care.
Yes,you need to take Ibuprofen and Rantac
Hi, thank you for your follow up question.
The dose of the medicines will be as follows:
Ibuprofen (200 mg) two times a day,
Rantac(Ranitidine) (150 mg two times a day),
Take the above medicines for atleast 3 days.
Also do warm saline gargles (Add salt to warm water and then do gargles).Do it atleast 3 times a day.
If still there is no improvement,then you may need to start Antibiotic like Azithromycin after consulting a Physician or an ENT specialist doctor.
Hope this helps you.Get well soon.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sore throat on swallowing semen what is the cause
- What causes pain in chest and stomach while swallowing food
- What could be the cause for throat pain while swallowing
- What causes meth throat hurts to swallow
- What causes pain when swallowing
- What causes pain while swallowing
- What is the cause for the difficulty in swallowing food
- Throat pain on sneezing difficulty swallowing causes and treatment
- What causes sore throat which prohibits swallowing
- Does swallowing semen cause throat pain?
- What are the signs and symptoms of an upper respiratory tract infection?
- Suggest treatment for sinus infection
- Suggest treatment for severe sore throat
- Suggest treatment for cold and blocked ears
- Suggest treatment for tingling sensation on face and intracranial...
- Suggest treatment for severe cold, runny nose, fever and cough
- Suggest treatment for high BP, cough and cold
- How can a painful canker sore on the tongue be treated?
- What causes burning sensation in the throat?
- Suggest treatment for sinus infection and swollen tonsils