Is Azithromycin necessary after tooth extraction?
Medication helps in healing of socket and prevent complications.
Thanks for consulting Healthcaremagic.
This is Dr. Priyanka tiwari answering your query.
I have read your query and understand your concern. See what happened is antibiotics given after tooth extraction as part of their treatment to prevent infection, dry socket, pain, swelling, restriced mouth opening like complications.
It is advised to take medication after tooth extraction that will be good for healing of extraction socket and to prevent these complications.
I will also suggest you to do warm saline rinses 3 to 4 times a day along with medication.
Hope this will help you.
If you have further query i will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Palpitation after tooth extraction
- Sweating after tooth extraction
- Cocaine after tooth extraction
- Azithromycin storage after mixing
- Exhaustion after tooth extraction
- After taking azithromycin for chlamydia
- Fainting after tooth extraction
- Protected sex after azithromycin
- Tooth pain after tooth extraction
- Illness after tooth extraction