What does blood test report indicate?

Dr. Hardik Sanghvi

Hematologist

Posted on Sat, 24 Oct 2015 in Blood Disorders
Question: Doctor,

Recently I have done a CBC test and the results are bit abnormal. Need your help to understand whether this is something serious .

I am taking few medications for throat infection and cholesterol:-
1) novastat 10mg
2) Cepodem 200 for throat infection as advised by doctor for last 4 days
3) montelukast sodum and Desloratadine tablet - For throat infection for last 4 days

Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear
I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern.
Your complete blood count test reports is almost normal. Your liver function tests are also normal. You have slightly high lymphocytes. But it is due to infection. Nothing to worry about that. Just complete your course of antibiotics.

Continue your drugs for cholesterol according to advise. Nothing serious. You will be fine within short time.

Hope I have answered your question, if you have doubt then I will be happy to answer.
Thanks for using health care magic.
Wish you a very good health.
Follow up: Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 4 minutes later
Thank you doctor,

May I know whY the HCT is too high ? Is it due to the medications?

Regards XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is due to print mistake.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear
Your hct value is 141.4 %. It must be some print mistake by your laboratory.

Because it is not possible.

It suggest amount of rbc is your blood. It should be 40 to 50 %. If it is higher side thenalso Iit is not possible that value more then 100 %.

In my opinion it can be 41.4%.

You can confirm that results with your laboratory.

Hope I have answered your question, if you have doubt then I will be happy to answer. Thanks for using health care magic. Wish you a very good health.