What does this semen analysis report indicate?
Take antibiotics for 4 weeks
Thanks for query .
Based on the report of your semen analysis that you have posted all important parameters of your semen like sperm count ,sperm motility .and morphology of the sperms are normal except presence of 2-3 pus cells which suggest infection of either seminal Vesicle or Prostate ..
Get semen culture done to trace out organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to .
In the mean while Start taking antibiotic like Doxicycline twice daily and later on switch on to appropriate antibiotic as per culture report .You will need t take antibiotics for 4-6 weeks .
Repeat your semen analysis after finishing the course of antibiotics
Please get your wife checked by qualified Gynecologist to be sure that her menstrual cycle is regular and there are no other issues.
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
To my knowledge there should not be any pus cells in normal semen analysis
Thanks for follow up .
There are no visible symptoms due to mild infection of semen .As regards presence of pus cells normal range differs from laboratory to laboratory .
I have been practicing since last 45 years and have never given fake opinions or ill advice to my patients.
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the findings from the semen analysis report
- What are normal values in a semen analysis report
- What does the following semen analysis report suggest
- Semen analysis report what is the problem suggested treatment
- What is your opinion for the attached semen analysis report
- What are the the conclusions from my semen analysis report
- Does the semen analysis report indicate any abnormality
- What does the blood and semen analysis report indicate
- What does the attached semen analysis report indicate
- What is the interpretation form my semen analysis report