What does this semen analysis report indicate?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
hi i did my seman analysis today and reports are like volume 2 ml color miky white reaction alkaline viscosity 20/min total spermatozoa count 72/miliion active motility 40% sluggish motilie 40% dead motile 20% pus cells 2-3 rbc nil ....... im really worried one year married life and we have been trying from last 2 months plz response
Wed, 9 May 2018 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take antibiotics for 4 weeks

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the report of your semen analysis that you have posted all important parameters of your semen like sperm count ,sperm motility .and morphology of the sperms are normal except presence of 2-3 pus cells which suggest infection of either seminal Vesicle or Prostate ..

Get semen culture done to trace out organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to .

In the mean while Start taking antibiotic like Doxicycline twice daily and later on switch on to appropriate antibiotic as per culture report .You will need t take antibiotics for 4-6 weeks .

Repeat your semen analysis after finishing the course of antibiotics

Please get your wife checked by qualified Gynecologist to be sure that her menstrual cycle is regular and there are no other issues.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: What does this semen analysis report indicate? 45 hours later
seems to me like a copy paste answer .... is it fake site or wot becz 2-3 pus are normal sign not a infection n i have no symptoms

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
To my knowledge there should not be any pus cells in normal semen analysis

Detailed Answer:
hello
Thanks for follow up .

There are no visible symptoms due to mild infection of semen .As regards presence of pus cells normal range differs from laboratory to laboratory .

I have been practicing since last 45 years and have never given fake opinions or ill advice to my patients.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.