Does presence of RBC in urine increase the possibility of cancer?
By itself chance is low
Thanks for your query.
You have not described any symptoms, the full urine report or other available investigations. Those can help us in guiding you better.
Anyway, most common cause of RBC in urine is infection in urinary tract. Then stones. Possibility of cancer is much lower. Ultrasound of urinary tract and urine culture will help in finding out the cause.
Hope this helps. I will be available for follow-up.
I do however have high blood pressure and high rbc count in blood that I go to clini. And remove some blood every 3-6 months, also I take aspirin. But when a doctor from family friends ordered ct scans I got worried and wanted to know of th chance that this result could be a seriou condition
Does this increase or make it less likely?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could a lump in my back be?
- Should chemotherapy be given to a person in final stage of nasopharngeal...
- Sex with sex worker, HPV scare, cancer in men. Test in detect HPV in men ?
- Is atopic dermatitis associated with leukemia ?
- Which tumour markers are used to follow up breast cancer patients?
- How do I know if papillary thyroid cancer has recurred?
- Protruding coronal suture, skull x-ray. Cancer due to radiation?
- How can linitis plastica be treated?
- CA Breast, chemotherapy, CT scan, pulmonary embolism, on acitrom,...
- Can breast cancer spread to thyroid?