Does presence of RBC in urine increase the possibility of cancer?

Excellent

Oncologist
Question
My rbc in urine is 15-20, what are the chances this is cancer? Age is 63 female
Fri, 11 May 2018 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
By itself chance is low

Detailed Answer:
Hi

You have not described any symptoms, the full urine report or other available investigations. Those can help us in guiding you better.

Anyway, most common cause of RBC in urine is infection in urinary tract. Then stones. Possibility of cancer is much lower. Ultrasound of urinary tract and urine culture will help in finding out the cause.

Hope this helps. I will be available for follow-up.

Follow-up: Does presence of RBC in urine increase the possibility of cancer? 32 minutes later
Thank you for your answer, the rest of the urine test is within normal range, and there is no symptoms , my urine color is normal and I found these results the past 3 years in my routine check ups.

I do however have high blood pressure and high rbc count in blood that I go to clini. And remove some blood every 3-6 months, also I take aspirin. But when a doctor from family friends ordered ct scans I got worried and wanted to know of th chance that this result could be a seriou condition

Does this increase or make it less likely?

Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Less likely to be cancer

Detailed Answer:
This may be due to aspirin then