What does absence of hair on the legs after colectomy indicate?
(this was 14 years ago). Now I recently stopped growing hair under my arms. Is this something I should be concerned about? Is it a nutritional problem?
Thanks for your query.
Noted the history and understood the concerns.
To recapitulate: Female/63 Colectomy for UC 14 years ago - stopped growing hair on legs - recently stopped growing hair under arms - wants to know whether to be concerned - nutritional problem?
Since you are 63 and operated 14 years ago that is when you were around 49 years of age a period of hormonal changes and might have been coincidental or combined effect of peri-menopause as well as nutritional deficiency secondary to colectomy.
With growing age the underarm area also shows the same effect.
Hence this seems to be combined effect.
Do you have any other symptoms?
I hope this answers your query, please feel free to ask for further relevant queries and give additional information.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in foot from hip to toe
- Suggest treatment for gall bladder stones
- What causes pain and bleeding post rectocele repair surgery?
- Suggest treatment for gastritis
- What causes chest pain and abdominal pain?
- What does this ultrasonongraphy report indicate?
- What causes whitish color of outside of urethra?
- What causes skin growth on buttocks oozing pus?
- What does this EKG report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for darkened glans penis