What does a lump on neck indicate?

Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian

Ayurveda Specialist

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Ayurveda
Question: hi
recently I noticed a small lump on the right side of my neck. in a scan, a solitary nodule was found in thyroid gland. fnac was also done which ruled out any malignancies in the nodule. I was also diagnosed with high cholesterol level. the scanning report of my neck band abdomen area attached here. result of fnac and lipid profile are also attached.

I would like to know about treatments for thyroid nodule and high cholesterol in Ayurveda.
Answered by Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
can manage in ayurveda

Detailed Answer:
Hai,
Thanks for consulting hcm,

I have gone thrugh your medical history.

as your thyroid nodule seems to benign so no need to worry.

unless any growth in the nodule size and abnormality in TSH level we need to address the issue. Otherwise it will not cause harm.
kindly let me know any physical abnormality or any clininal finding observed at present and followed by your nodule.
so that I can guide you for proper advise under ayurveda.

High level cholestrol will be managed and controlled by ayurvedic medicine.
medication
:
Kanchanara gugulu 2 tab twice aday.
aloe vera juice 30 ml once in a day.

Diet :
Add fruit and vegetables more in your daily intake.add more millet, grains and lessen your fat food.
avoid trans fat, junk fried item.use saturated oil like olive oil, sesame oil for cooking.
do physical exercise for 30 minutes daily.

Kindly get back with your detail of family history and present complaint/ptoblem facing on your daily activities.

thank you
stay healthy
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian 3 hours later
Is it ok to use the tablet while breastfeeding?
Brief Answer:
not recommended

Detailed Answer:
Hai,
kanchanara gugulu is not normally prescribed during breast feeding .

I will suggest certain allowed medication

haritaki choornam: 2g with buttermilk twice a day.

garlic juice with little amount of honey once in a day.make 4 to 5pulp of garlic grind it and mix with honey.
XXXXXXX kasayam (horsegram) 30ml to 50 ml once in a day.

Aloe vera sometimes cause cold to baby while breast feeding. So avoid it.

follow it with the earlier mentioned diet and lifestyle.

this will be safe during breast feeding.

thank you
stay healthy
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T