What do urge to eat slate pencils and absence of periods indicate?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: From last 3 months onwards I hve started eating slate pencils, now am not get periods from last 1 months and am not conceiving also, plz can u help
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be iron deficiency anaemia.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.

Tendency to eat slate pencils and absence of periods can happen due to iron deficiency. This can be diagnosed with a simple blood test. Proper iron supplements according to the haemoglobin levels will help in recovery. The periods will return to normal once the anaemia is corrected.

For conception you need to have a detailed evaluation and tests by your gynaecologist to find the cause. Till then you can have a regular intercourse during the fertile days once your periods become regular again.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D