What do these blood results indicate?

Dr. Indu Kumar

Radiologist

Posted on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: can u plz help me interpret these blood test results...
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Findings suggests mildly raised WBC and neutrophil level

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to HealthcareMagic,
I've gone through your query and understand your concern,

Findings suggests mildly raised WBC and neutrophil level.It is generally due to infection.
It is important to know your symptoms and reason for investigation.
You may need clinical evaluation and need to take antibiotics.

Other findings are almost normal.There are only slight deviations and it is acceptable.

Hope I have answered your query.
Further queries are most welcome.
Please rate may answer if you are satisfied.

Take Care
Dr. Indu XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Indu Kumar 12 hours later
my confusion is that the doctor determined I did not have any kind of infection but the wbc were raised and the immature cell number has gone up quite a bit from bloodwork done only a month ago when compared. the immat gran normal range from the lab I use is 0.00-0.04.. neutrophil normal range for my lab is 2.00-6.80.. in comparison;:
October....... neutrophils 5.29
immat gran 0.03
November:.. neutrophils 10.91
immat gran 0.05
is is normal for those numbers to increase so much in just a short period of time if there is no infection present?? thank u for ur time and I hope to hear from u soon....
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You may need clinical examination and repeat test.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to HealthcareMagic,

It is difficult to interpret more based on this finding only.
It is important to know your symptoms,please let me know.
You may need peripheral smear examination. It is important to see blast cells etc.
Since,RBC level is normal,I don't think you have major problem.

In short,you may need further evaluation.

Hope I have answered your query.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr. Indu XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
I have been suffering from a variety of symptoms for about 6 months now. I have 2 unexplained fractures in my back and am very exhausted all the time. I was hospitalized for a week in September after going to the emergency department with stroke symptoms where they discovered I had several pulmonary embolism. I was treated with heparin and now take coumadin daily to prevent further clotting issues. they have not yet determined the cause of the embolisms although I haven't had any extensive testing.. I have never had blood clotting issues and am only 34 years old and am relatively healthy until my symptoms began about 6 months ago. does this sound like it could possibly be some kind of blood cancer?
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is important to exclude all causes including cancer.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to HealthcareMagic,
Sorry for replying late

You may need proper clinical evaluation and thorough investigations.
Bone marrow biopsy may be advised after evaluation.
Pulmonary embolism may be due to many causes and it is difficult to comment without investigations.

Hope I have answered your query.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr. Indu XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj