• question-icon

What do non-itchy red spots all over the body indicate?

Posted on Sat, 5 Aug 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have red spots all over my body, any idea what it is?

They are not itchy.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Answer few questions

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
I have reviewed the attached photographs and there are few possibilities like it could be a viral exanthem or drug rash or pityriasis rosea.
I need to ask you few questions:
What is the duration of the red spots?
Are you taking any medicines or having any ailments?
Do you have recent history of fever, sore throat or bodyaches?
Kindly revert with the answers.
Dr Asmeet

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 6 hours later
I noticed the spots since 2 weeks ago thats when I noticed them, not sure if I had them for longer.

I'm not taking any medicines, I have a chest pain not sure if this is related though to this matter, I'm a heavy smoker also to keep in mind thats why I have this chest pain possibly, I already went to the doctor here in regards to the chest pain they did ECG, blood work, echo ultrasound exam and all was ok they will do stress test next week.

Other than chest pain I don't have any other illness.

I haven't had any fever or soar throat in the last month, bodyaches just the chest pain that I described and if I wpress on my chest on the ribs I feel it painful
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be pityriasis rosea, cortisone cream & moisturising lotion

Detailed Answer:
According to your complaints it could be pityriasis rosea which is a self limiting allergic reaction of the skin.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to apply topical steroid like cortisone cream diluted in a moisturising lotion in the ratio of 1:3 twice daily for 2-3 weeks.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 49 minutes later
Another thing I forgot to mention, I've been very sexually active lately and havent used condoms.

Does this change the diagnoses or still the same
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Diagnosis most likely remains the same

Detailed Answer:
Diagnosis will most likely remain the same.
Only thing I need to ask you is whether you developed any ulcer or pimple or blister in the genital region prior to the onset of this eruption?
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 32 minutes later
Hi, I can't really remember to be honest, my memory isn't great, I rememeber i had something very itchy on my penis can't remember when maybe it was about a month ago, I didnt see a doctor but I tried a Cortisone cream on it and it went away the next day.

About 2 weeks ago, My eyes were very itchy and I used some eye drops that I had in my cabinet and then I was fine, then a few days later my eyes were painful a bit and when I tried to move my eyes around in circles it was more painful.

Do you think I should be worried about HIV or Syphilis? Or what do you think it is?

Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Doesn't look like syphillis or HIV

Detailed Answer:
If the lesion just disappeared in a day or 2 it isn't any syphillis or HIV.
It could be due to some mild eczema or due to excessive or aggressive sex or masturbation.

Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Hi, so based on everything I said, you think I have pityriasis rosea? Or you think its mild eczema or excessive sex or masterbation?

Which one please?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Red spots seem to be pityriasis rosea

Detailed Answer:
The red spots seem to be pityriasis rosea.
About the spot on your penis it could be due to excessive sex or masturbation or eczema.

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist