Can HIV be contracted from consuming food from an open container?
Thank you for asking at healthcaremagic.
I carefully read your question and understand your concern.
Don’t ever take any food with broken seal.Severe gastroentritis food poisoing could be caused due to contamination of food by bacteris virus and protozoans.
Hepatitis A and E is fecooral and yes any food contamination can cause it.
No risk of H.I.V or HCV or HBV though.
But gastroenteriyis caused due to clostridium are very severe and could even be fatal.
Strongly recommend to throw away seal broken food.
Sir you never know the hygeine status and health status of guys handling them from manufacturer to sellers.
Discard the open one.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for dizziness, fatigue and nausea when diagnosed with...
- What causes constant abdominal bloating after gallbladder surgery?
- Suggest remedies for chronic hiccups
- Suggest treatment for severe cramps and abdominal pain
- What does my HIDA report result indicate?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, low grade fever and abdominal pain
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of GERD
- Suggest treatment for severe acid reflux despite taking Nexium
- Does Tylenol Cold cause diarrhea when taken for cold and flu?
- Suggest treatment for multiple anal abscesses