Can stds be contracted from giving oral sex?

Posted on Sat, 23 Dec 2017 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: i have been sexually active only orally and i am wndering if i will know if i have an std. im scared to get tested. what are the std that can occure with oral sex me performing the oral.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Brief answer.....there are various STD's which one can get with oral sex
Detailed answer....
I have read your query and understand your concern.
One can get STD even if there is only one partner,however chances get increased multifold if there are many partners.
Following is the list of STD's which one can get with unprotected oral sex...
Gonorrhoea,syphilis,chlamydia,human papilloma virus ( HPV),HIV,herpes simplex ( type 1&2).,however one can get HEPATITIS A ,B and C also although chances are low.
Don't fear about them and it would be prudent on your part to go for detailed testing so that a proper treatment can be instituted,if something is detected.
I hope it helps,however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thnks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta