• question-icon

What do my lab test reports indicate?

Posted on Mon, 3 Jul 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi. I did an ultrasound and blood test as my Gynaecologist asked for. I am 28 yrs old and recently my periods are getting delayed by 10 days. So I had gone for a check up. My ultrasound is normal and I don't have PCOD.But my Gynaecologist after seeing my blood test said that egg has not been released and there is hormonal Imbalance. Everything else is normal. She has asked me to take Diane 35 to regularise my periods for 3 months starting from the 5 the day of my next period till 21 days. She also said that I need to control this problem from now onwards otherwise there are chances I will develop PCOD in 4-5 months. Along with this she has also asked for maintaining proper diet and doing exercise regularly. Is taking Diane 35 safe ? We are planning to start family around the end of this year.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Upload reports

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to HCM. Thanks for writing in to us with your health concerns. Yea, Diane is a safe medicine whrn taken with proper diagnosis. I would request you to upload your hormone work up for me to see. It is correct to maintain good diet and exercise to avoid the dovelopment of PCOD. Regards Dr Manisha Jain.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 5 hours later
Hello Doctor. I have uploaded my blood test report. Please have a look and let me know.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
Normal reports

Detailed Answer:
I have seen the attached reports and glad that all are fine
Yes dear diane is safe and can be taken but is a contraceptive pill so leave it when you want to plan for pregnancy
Diane can give temporary relief for irregular periods but is not the treatment and cannot prevent PCOD
Only weight loss, actuve lifestyle and diet control can help in PCOD
So maintain your weight always and okan pregnancy early
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN