What do my endoscopy test results indicate?
I just went through this website & found it as useful. I hereby want to try for myself.
I had a Acidity, reflux & heartburn problem for almost 1.5yrs. During night heartburn will be more If I awake.
After a long time I have decided to go for endoscopy as per my doctor's suggestion.
I took appointment @ Fortis XXXXXXX Nice Doctor and I am in his treatment and follow up in 2weeks time.
I have done endoscopy and concluded from the test that
1. Reflux esophagitis - LA grade C
2. Hiatus Hernia
3. Antral Gasrtitis - RUT Positve
4. H Pilory +ve
Z line 35cm diaphragmatic pinch at 40cm - Hiatus hernia
Nexpro HP kit (B 1/2hr before BF and Dinner & A&C after BF and Dinner) - 14days
Veloz 20mg (1/2hr before BF and Dinner) 2 weeks after HP kit
Result- Side effects are as usual like others, Dizziness, Minor feeling for Chest pain, Mild Headache, Diarea, Tiredness.
1. Is the side effects are normal?
2. Hiatus Hernia Treatable through medicine?
3. Can I eat normal food (Veg & Non Veg) once medicines done (total 4 weeks)
4. Is it dangerous to have Hiatus Hernia?
5. I feel No tablet prescribed for Hiatus Hernia?
Please help me
you are being appropriately treated for your problems
Hello. Thanks for putting your query in hcm.
Your descriptions and reports suggest that you have reflux oesophagitis with large hiatus hernia with hp positive for qhich your are being appropriately treated
Now coming to your queries:
1. Yes these side effects can happen as hp kit contains antibiotics which are responsible for these side effects
2.hiatus hernia is defect in muscular weakness of oesophageal spgincter and some other muscles leading to hernia. It can't be cured with medicines. However symptoms due to it can be controlled with medicines. Surgery can be done if you don't get better following medical treatment.
3. You will have to avoid spicy and fatty meals citrus fruits and tea and coffee
4. No it is not dangerous to have hiatus hernia as it is a benign disease. However you may have to take medicines for longer period of time.
5.tab veloz after hp kit for 14 days is given to reduce the acid secretion. One more medicine you can take is prokinetic agent like domperidone or levosulpiride which apart from prokinetic agent do strengthen the lower oesophageal sphincter. It comes in combination with veloz by the name of veloz d and veloz l
I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. Wish you a good health.
2. Kindly explain: What is the surgery? How long it takes? What should be my preparedness (mentally and physically)? Is it Minor or Major? If at all I have to do it, do I have to call my relatives or I can come alone for the surgery? Because I am with small family with 2 kids (3.5yrs son and 1yr daughter). I don't want them to get into trouble. also Both mine and my wife parents are 600km away. hope you can understand my situation
3. In YouTube I saw surgery with some small insertions and big opening to tight or bind the portion with its grown tissues. Is that same for me too? or only with some insertion it is performed. Please let me know
4. How long it takes to cure post surgery. Can I eat normal food post surgery or may be after some follow up? what will be in future (I am just 35yrs). I used to drink (Hot or cold) earlier but I have stopped it almost a year time because of my problems. In fact ,I went thrice to hospital since the symptoms were related to heart attack. i.e. more Heartbeat, sweating, left hand pain, motion etc. after a meal (with Fish curry or chicken etc). But at hospital I was normal with pantoprazole injection in vain and some pan tablets. But all the days after a food I totally feel uncomfortable body temperature rise and stressed. Finally in last 1week I am sleeping good, big relief from earlier symptoms. But as suggested by doctor Surgery is threatening me
5. Any other precautions do I need to take? After 1.5 yrs suffered, I am undergoing this treatment and medications (i.e. Endoscopy. Though it was done in less minutes but not I was not comfortable).
6. Since this surgery is not the natural one. 100% cure is guaranteed? will I have any side affects in future? Ayurvedic anything to play to avoid surgery or post surgery
I am little uncomfortable for the arrangement towards surgery. Not the money. Hope health insurance cover it. Please let me know how much it cost me?
most of the time symptoms can be controlled with medicines
1. You need to take either veloz d or veloz l once in a day before breakfast. No need to take tab veloz with it
2 And 3. And 4 Surgery name is fundoplication. It
is usually completed in 3 to 4 hrs. It is not a minor surgery but not so big also. Done with laproscope under anaesthesia. But most of the time symptoms can be controlled with medicine and surgery is not required. You will be able to eat after 3 days. You will be able to take normal diet after 4 weeks
5. You should avoid fatty and spicy meals tea coffee. Avoid lying down and water with meals both at least for 2 hrs
6.surgery will cost around 1 to 1.5 lakhs. Health insurance may cover it But you will have to confirm with the concerned person. There is no ayurvedic treatment for this. Most of the time almost 100 percent are cured. Sometimes if fundoplication is tight it may cause dysphagia that is difficulty in swallowing and if it is too loose then symptoms may persist. So if required get that with an expert surgeon
However presently there is no need to worry. Continue with the medicines. Most of the patients dont require surgery and symptoms can be controlled with medicines only.
I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you dont have any further query then close the discussion and rate the answer