What causes tiredness, mood swings, severe headache and gastric problem?

Dr. Chintan Solanki

Psychiatrist

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am 38 year old, weigh around 49-50kilos ; height 5.1ft , mother of two kids 7 and 4 year old both born through C-section. I was anemic during my both pregnancies.
I get very tired while travelling and have frequent mood swings with severe headache. During these times, I forced to pop an analgesic medicine (Saridon) to subside the pain. I even have severe gas problem. At times I feel very weak.
A week before my periods, I feel very depressed, irritated with severe headache. I had blood test recently which showed I am normal. I even took an ECG which is attached. At times if I keep my leg or hand in one continuous position I begin to feel numbness.
I would like to if this is due to hormonal imbalance or is there any other reasons. What should i do keep myself healthy and avoid being like above.
XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
assessment of vit. B12 level & Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder are needed

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

I checked your ECG. It suggests possibility of mild ischemia (low blood flow) to heart. However for confirmation repeat ECG as well as 2D echo assessment are needed. Considering your age it is less likely heart problem but likely due to anemia or other nutritional deficiency.

Tiredness and weakness suggest possibility of vitamin B12 deficiency. Go for serum vitamin B12 level as well as vitamin D level. Also need of checking thyroid hormone assessment.

Problems before period suggest possibility of Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder. For evaluation of the same detail history is required by psychiatrist. If it is there it can be treated with psychotherapy and medicines.

Please upload/write all blood reports you are having so I can give more comments.

Dr.Chintan Solanki.