What causes small red blotches on ankles and inner thighs?
It might be some allergic reaction (hives) or Pityriasis rosea.
Welcome to health care magic,
Here,I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better.Hence do not mind to answer these:
1.) Since how long are you experiencing this problem?
2.) Do you have headache, stuffy nose?
3.) Do you notice similar blotches while jogging or running?
You may be suffering from some allergic reaction(hives) or Pityriasis rosea, which is a scaly skin rash caused by herpes virus or some times the cause remains unknown but it is not contagious.
It has to be confirmed,kindly get yourself examined by a Dermatologist so that he/she may examine you and suggest a blood work and Skin biopsy to rule out other causes.
Once confirmed you will be treated accordingly with Antiviral medications and Photo-therapy if the symptoms worsen.
However, it may be better if you can upload the clinical picture of that. You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.
Follow these lifestyle modifications:
1.) Use lukewarm water when you take shower or bathe, because it is less irritating.
2.) If you have itching, use calamine lotion.
3.) Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.
Hope I have answered your query and feel free to ask me again.
Wish you Good Health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Levaquin causing red blotches
- Small raised red blotches on stomach cause and cure
- What causes red blotches on skin
- What is causing red blotches on chest
- What causes inner thigh fat
- What causes red blisters in inner thighs
- What deficiency would cause red blotches
- Noticed red blotch on breast what could be the cause
- What causes red blotches on neck and chest
- Causes red blotches on face