What causes sharp pain in lower abdomen after a miscarriage?
Thanks for the query to hcm,
The sharp pain is more likely to be due to endometriosis over the uterosacrals which can cause stretch and hence sharp pains off and on. The inflammation inside uterus secondary to a polyp is unlikely to be the cause of such pain unless the uterus is actively trying to remove it out through regular uterine contractions which is a possibility but after D&C and removal of the polyp if the pain is still felt then endometriosis should be definitely ruled out. Another indication is that after taking LUPron injections which is a GnRh analogue causes amenorrhoea and hence control over endometriosis . So in such cases a diagnostic laparoscopy is the gold standard and should XXXXXXX opted for for confirmation of diagnosis.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lower pelvic pain after miscarriage
- What causes headache after miscarriage
- Lower pain a week after miscarriage
- Sharp pain left side ribs after miscarriage
- Sharp pain in lower abdomen
- What could cause sharp pain around abdomen
- Lower abodmial pain after miscarriage
- Pressure in lower abdomen after miscarriage
- What causes sharp pain in lower gut and hips
- What could cause sharp pain at the lower abdomen