What causes severe pain in right testicle?
Need antibiotics, pain management medication, and STD-panel
Hello sir and welcome.
Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. Let me start by listing the most likely causes for the pain, based on a clear CAT scan which you mentioned in your history:
+Fluid accumulation: Spermatoele requires drainage in some cases, and if this were the cause then the medical staff at the ER would have suggested it to you
+Inguinal hernia: Can also cause swelling and pain in the testicle
+Epididymitis: Is the inflammation of the epididymis which stores the semen, and usually occurs due to an infection
If the ER found and confirmed an infection to be the cause, then they should have also initiate immediate antibiotic coverage which you most probably will need sir. Initiating the antibiotics i.v. would have been most wise as this would have helped reduce the pain earlier, but I wonder why they medical staff at the ER did not do so.
Can you feel a swelling of the affected testicle sir?
Treatment includes the following:
+Antibiotic coverage: Amoxicillin, metronidazole, etc.
+Elaborate STD-panel to rule them out or find the exact cause for the presentation
+Pain management using NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs)
Please do re-visit the ER as they clearly did a horrible job at resolving your case, or visit a doctor who would better know how to handle your case sir. You will undoubtedly need medical attention, and cannot go about doing anything to help yourself at home. Please also do not hesitate to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.
The ER sounds like a preposterous idea right now
Hello once again sir.
11,000 $? That is a preposterous amount, how can they charge you so much when they have hardly even done anything to help you.
I wouldn't want to send you there again, but you will need antibiotic coverage and pain management, can you get your hands on any medications? I ask because it is difficult to get medications without a prescription in your country right?
If you can, then try to get 14 tablets of amoxicillin 500 mg, 14 tablets of metronidazole, and 14-28 tablets of ibuprofen or tylenol.
The inguinal hernia is quite clearly the cause sir, and your appointment with your personal doctor some time in May would be the best way to diagnose it. I really don't want you spending that kind of money on the ER, who in my opinion are cheats and clearly incompetent. You need medication, and so please try to get the above mentioned ones.
I am always here to help, so please feel free to write to me anytime sir.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause severe pain on right side after hysterectomy
- What causes severe pain under the breast on the right
- What causes severe pain under right rib during menstruation
- What causes severe pain in testicles
- What causes sever pain in the abdomen
- What causes severe pain in heels
- What causes severe pain in elbows
- What causes severe pain from back to arm
- What causes severe pain in lower jaw bone
- What is the cause of severe pain in the legs
- Not getting proper sleep, don't want to take sleeping pills. What to take?
- Radiation done for tongue cancer. Started getting pain. How to overcome...
- How to get rid of swollen and painful inner labia?
- Have bradycardia. Got positive stress test and qrs-t angle on ekg. Risk...
- Suffering from chronic acute bronchitis and recurrent pneumonitis. Safe...
- Hard bump appeared on inner thigh and lower abdomen. What could be...
- Have severe dry eye. On Restasis. Used moisture pads. Nothing helped....
- Have osteoporosis. Is it safe to stop taking fosomax while on calcium...
- Sudden pop sound in back. Experiencing pain and hot flashes. Took...
- Suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder and bipolar 2. Why am I...