What causes severe numbness and weakness in limbs post blood transfusion?
know that can shed light on my problem.
2 D echo, colour doppler, B 12, folic acid. heparin angiography for thromb
Hi, Dr Purushottam Neurgaonkar here. I welcome you to HCM VIRTUAL CLINIC. I have gone through your question, and I think I have understood your concern. I will suggest you the best of the possible treatment options.
After reading your history, it appears that there must be some problem with venous drainage of your lower limbs.
I will suggest you to get USG and colour doppler test done from expert sonologist. You need to rule out vascular thrombosis in leg veins. Also there can be a chance of pelvic venous drainage.
I will also recommend Folic acid, B 12 and Homocystein levels checked.
Please do not massage or squeeze thigh or calf muscles. Have plenty of water orally. Incude more portions of fruits and vegetables and salad in diet. Add folic acid and B 12 supplements.
In case of thrombosis, expert cardiovascular doctor should be consulted. With his guidance Low Molecular Heparin and angiography to put thrombus filter can be of help.
I hope this answer helps you. Thanks.
I wish you a great health.
Dr Purushottam Neurgaonkar.
Stepwise approach, reconnect me if needed.
I thank you for your sincere appreciation.
Please work out the things as suggested, and you can reconnect me in case of any doubts or any new query.
Wish You a great health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe numbness in forehead
- What are the long term effects of blood transfusion
- Treatment and cure for Severe numbness
- Drugs/medication for Severe numbness
- Symptoms of Severe numbness
- Diagnosis of Severe numbness
- Severe numbness causes
- How long does a blood transfusion usually take and what causes when it is rushed into the veins
- What is the lowest hemoglobin level before having a blood transfusion
- Severe numbness in ankle after sprain
- What does my follicular study report indicate?
- What is the ideal time frame for taking emergency contraceptive pills?
- Is Meprate safe while planning for pregnancy?
- What causes throbbing abdominal pain after tampon insertion?
- Can Levonelle cause nausea, dizziness and abdominal pain?
- What is the possible weight of a 9 cm ovarian tumour?
- What does this thyroid test report indicate?
- What is Lupride injection prescribed for?
- What causes vaginal bleeding during ovulation?
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain and irregular menstruation