What causes recurrent fever and upper respiratory infection?

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist

Posted on Fri, 10 Mar 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Sir..i get frequent low grade fever of about 99 or 99.5degrees.I use to consult doctor and he prescribes
anti biotics for 2 to 3 days.Sometimes i get well but soon after 10 or 15 days i again get fever.Sometimes i do not get well after taking tablets for 2 days and so i stop tablets and manage to do my duties till after somedays i take anti biotics.I go to doctor almost monthly for few years.I have hypo thyroid for which i am taking tablets daily andcorrect dose is to be confirmed after
10days by blood test. I have sinus and always develope upper respiratory infection and fever.Also i get feet burning along with fever.Kindly advise how to improve my immunity and suggest some tests of blood.Thank you
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Chronic fever

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
Fever can be due to many causes. Please send me the investigations done. Get a mantoux test and mycodot for tuberculosis. Also send me your thyroid function test and CT scan for paranasal sinuses.
What medicines are you taking?
I can advise you further only if I know what tests have already been done.
Also tell me do you have any swelling in neck on Palpation? and any other symptoms you have other than fever.
Please send me some details so that I can suggest you better
Thanksand regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana