Can worms cause sweet cravings in children?

Pediatrician
Question
My daughter have regular sweet craving and asks for chocolate or sweets. Is she suffering from worms ?

She is 6.5 yrs old and her weight is approx 26 K.Gs
Tue, 8 May 2018 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No association

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through your query and understand your concerns.

Contrary to popular belief sweet craving has no association with worms. In other words, it does not mean that she has worms. Nevertheless, please feel free to do a deworming in case you are still concerned. Meanwhile, please try to refrain from encouraging indulging her with sweets.

Let me know if I could help further.

Follow-up: Can worms cause sweet cravings in children? 7 hours later
Thanks a lot doctor. Can you please suggest any deworming medicine that i can give it to her.
Also couple of more questions
As a popular belief there is always vaccination mole for BCG appearing on the place where vaccination is given but she does not have it at any of her body parts, does that mean the vaccination was not provided to her or it was not effective. Do I need to re-vaccinate her for BCG.
And she genrally gets watery pimples on various body parts, Is this needed to be checked.

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
The BCG issue needs a deeper look

Detailed Answer:
You can give Tab. Bandy (albendazole) 400 mg one tablet once tonight and repeat the dose after a fortnight.

It is possible that the vaccine site reaction did not develop for some reason, but a clinical correlation would be needed. A Mantoux test should be done and she should be revaccinated for BCG.

The fluid filled vesicles are possibly not a cause for concern. Nevertheless, it would be helpful if you could upload an image.