What causes rash on body with history of allergic reaction to rubber?
Hive; Oral antihistamine e.g cetrizine
Hello. Thank you for writing to us
I have gone through your query and I have also reviewed the Image.
Seems like an hive/ urticaria. It must be itchy?
I suggest an Oral antihistamine e.g Tab. Cetrizine 10 mg once daily for 5 days. Topically you may use a soothing lotion e.g calamine lotion Or an anti-itch cream.
It could be allergic contact dermatitis
If this rash is located exactly at the site of contact with medic alert the rash could definitely be a manifestation of Allergic contact dermatitis (ACD) to some or other of the allergens coming in direct contact with skin.
Latex and natural rubber are well known allergens.
Topically you need to apply a moderately potent topical steroid e.g mometasone furoate 0.1% cream Or triamcinolone acetonide 0.1% cream, twice daily.
You can take a tablet of cetrizine 10 mg once daily for symptomatic relief from itching.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes allergic reaction after eating
- Allergic reaction whole body rash
- Isolated allergic reaction causes
- Things that cause allergic reactions
- Penicillin allergic reaction causes
- Severe allergic reaction causes
- What is causing an allergic reaction in my genital areas
- Adverse allergic reaction causes
- What causes allergic reaction after having egg
- Atopic allergic reaction causes