What Causes Profuse Sweating, Cold And Nasal Congestion?
I would like to tell you that I used to do Shirshasan (yoga) few years back and also I had the habit of putting my head out of the bed while lying in bed so that it lie at low level in comparison with my body so that blood flows into it.
I used to do Shirshasan in the morning only but the other thing i.e. lying with my head out of bed, I used to do any time after eating or before going to sleep etc. Basically I was mad about getting blood into my head to relax.
But that time one thing which I was suffering from was cold i.e. oozing of nose. I remember I used to have it whole time.
So Sir the main problem is that when I started putting my head down evertime- the liquid from my nose went on to some layer under the hairs and the skin layer of face.
I don't know which layer but it is common to both. I know there are many layers inside our skin.
How I came to know this-
So it was 2012 when I started heavy workout. the workout was so intense that it lead to a lot of sweat from the body and also form head. Sweat means I was loosing out heat from my head.
so this process made dry the fluid that went from my nose to skin layer below hair and suddenly I started loosing my hair. I was almost gone bald that tym.
But after that I left the workout and after some days when my body again got heat. the hairs come back.
That was the tym when I understand that maintaining body heat especially in the head will be necessary for me.
Then I started maintaing my body heat. I stopped doing intense workout and started eating hot things like nuts etc.
At that time I also started some activity in which I used to rub my head to the opening of nose and the fluid used to come out in a gel form. I did this for many days and removed much fluid but later I stopped.
How does it effect my daily life:
1.) when the body heat reduces it got tighten and my capability to think and understand reduces.
2). when the fluid of forehead dry it tightens the forehead and suddenly I feel like I m in a state of depression and I just feel like lifeless, but when I rub my forehead and suddenly I get full of life.
3). also when I comb my hair upwards the density of hair get poor and they feel like dead. but when I massage them downwards they become very strong and vey dense and lustrous.
Till now I ignored this thing but now I want address this problem.
Is it treatable.
Can you please tell me which layer of skin can it be and what can be the procedure to cope with it.
Will it need surgery or something or some pill can remove it.
R u the appropriate specialist whom should I ask or should I ask to someone else.
Need some information
Hi Mr XXXXXXX thanks for asking from HCM.
I can understand your concern. I have gone through your history. I need some information about you to suspect something
- You mentioned that the the nasal liquid went under hair and skin of face. How did you notice it? Did it go over the skin after coming out through nasal opening or did you feel that it directly entered the layers without external leak?
- How did you conclude that the liquid coming out through your scalp got dried due to sweating? because sweating will increase water content in it!
- Your concept of heat needs some clarification. Whenever we do some activity, our body looses heat. It is done to maintain body temperature. This heat loss is through three routes
- Breathing - rapid breathing
- Through skin - Heat convection
- Through sweating - Sweating is maximum in that part which is doing most activity.
So scalp/head can not loose maximum heat during activity. It should be the exercise part and breathing.
Kindly provide me answers of above questions. Then I will be able to conclude and help you.
Thanks. Take care.
that's the problem I don't know these technicalities.
I don't know whether it's exactly below the hair layer or some other layer. I just know that it's somewhere in the connecting part under the nose which connects the face, head etc.
Can you tell me if there is any interconnecting layer there.
is there any X ray or something that can detect it.
I also missed one point that it also creates problem around the eyes, it get stuck there many times mostly when I read nearby, like use XXXXXXX etc. then I rub side of eyes I feel relaxed and blurred vision also went away.
I don't know but when I work out I sweat extremely from head may be something is related to water
Probable diagnosis and approach
Hi Mr XXXXXXX welcome back.
Thank you for answering the question. Let me explain you about your symptoms
- The nose and skull bones are connected through air sinuses. Air sinuses are hollow areas in side bone (forehead bone, cheek bone, roof of nose inner side) which open in nose through small openings.
The infection of air sinuses is known as "Sinusitis". Its infection can cause
- heaviness in head
- Pain around eyes
- More pain on bending forward, during cold environment, eating/drinking cold food/drink.
- Relief with warmth/doing exercise/eating or drinking warm or hot food/liquid.
- Sheershashan can severely increase the pain due to poor drainage of sinuses.
You have most probably experienced its symptoms. The liquid was mucus which was not drainage properly and it was aggravating the symptoms. The skin layers are not directly connected to the nose.
And it can be confirmed by
- X ray Paranasal sinuses
- CT head and paranasal sinuses.
The feeling of depression due to its blockade further confirms it. I could not relate your hair complaint with it. Hair loss can be due to
- mental stress
- sweat accumulation in hair causing poor hygiene
- chronic sinusitis
My advise for hair loss, is to consult "Trichologist or dermatologist".
Regarding your sinusitis, consult ENT specialist for examination and investigations. You can send me the reports. I will guide you further.
At home, you can follow few steps
- Avoid cold environment, food, drinks.
- Drink/eat hot/warm food/drink
- Inhale steam 4-6 times daily.
- Avoid sheershashan till you get full relief.
- Take tablet Cetrizine+Xylometazoline+Paracetamol after prescription.
- Do regular exercise. Its heat will open the sinuses opening.
- Use warm saline drops 6-8 times per day to open sinuses.
Hope it will help you. If any doubt, do let me know.
Thanks. Take care.