Suggest treatment for mastoiditis

Dr. Indranil Ghosh

Oncologist

Posted on Thu, 10 May 2018 in Cancer
Question: I have had a mastoid infection on both sides of my head. In XXXXXXX of 2016 I spent a week in the hospital on iv antibiotics. Doctors where not sure if they would have to do surgery. Now I have had it for 2 months. They put me on a strong antibiotic but I had a brain scan done and it is still there, plus I have fluid in the top part of my forehead. I have been dealing with trouble headaches. With the insurance I have I'm having trouble finding an ENT. Are the headaches do to the infection?
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be because of the infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for your query. I understand your concerns.

The CT description is not very clear to me. However, it appears that there is infection in the sinuses. For that antibiotics are required. Sometimes it takes long time to resolve.

Overall, I think you are on the right track. Soon there may be noticeable improvement.

If you can send me the CT report then I might be able to chip in more.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng