What causes pain in hip, thigh, lower back and buttocks?

Dr. Muhammad Hanif

Posted on Tue, 27 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: Pain in lower back both butt cheeks right hip and outer thigh. Im scared its a tumor or cancer on one of my female organs could this be the cause of pain.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Hanif 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No, this isn't looking to be due to the cancer of the female organs!!!

Detailed Answer:
Dr. Hanif warmly Welcomes you to my virtual clinic HCM!
I have carefully worked through your case, and can realize your health worries. Being your physician, I will take care all of your medical concerns today and will put my best efforts to get you out of this situation.

Cancers of the pelvic area doesn't present only with pain. Rather there are a lot more gynecological symptoms that come alongwith the pain.

You most probably have the pain due to the pinched nerve and the reasons may be:-
Herniated disc between the two vertebrae of the lumbar region. It causes compression of the nerves that emerge out of the vertebrae of the lumbar pines. The nerves when compressed, give rise to the pain all along their course of travel (all the way from the back of the spine to the hip bone, thighs and the leg).

The reason of the disc prolapse may be the sudden trauma from anything that may have given a jerk to the spine or sitting on uneven surface for long, or due to the horse riding and jerking movements etc.

You need to go to an Orthopedist or a Neurosurgeon for complete evaluation and treatment. He will do proper physical examination including some tests like Leg raising test etc. Then he may have to go for some blood work and then an MRI of the area. If there will be disc prolapse, bone osteoarthritis disease, spondylitis of the vertebrae or other reasons for spinal nerves compression will all be ruled out. Also they will rule out any suspicion of the bone tumors or female organs tumors. So I suggest you to go for an early evaluation without wasting much time.

Have a wonderful time ahead. Hope I answered all of your questions. Let me know if you have any further clinical concerns or doubts. I will be more than happy to get back to you in no time. If satisfied here, please give a generous five star rating to help us assist our patients in a better way; and, please don't forget to 'Close This Discussion'.
For any disease you have, a timely follow-up after sometime regarding the treatment efficacy and to see if there is any need to change the treatment options is very necessary. So keep a follow up to see how you doing.

Regards!
DR. XXXXXXX HANIF
USA

Click the link to open my profile. Click 'Ask Me a Question' anytime for super fast expert medical help!!!
https://www.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-muhammad-hanif/70199

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Hanif 1 hour later
Here is a copy of my xray report . What does all this mean. I keep thinking i have cancer of my ovaries or uterine or cervix im so scared. Are you sure its not from female organ cancer
Brief Answer:
All is same as I aforementioned and is a ditto copy of my previous Answer!!

Detailed Answer:
Dr. Hanif warmly Welcomes you back with a follow up!

Thanks for uploading the x-ray report. As you may see, they have confirmed all of my suspicions. You have narrowed disc space (the space between the two vertebrae. There are some alignment abnormalities in the lumbar spine, there are some age related degenerative changes in the spinal vertebral bones.

There is nothing like the cancer of the bones or female organs. Please don't worry at all.

The pain is due to the aforementioned reason I clearly explained in details in previous discussion. Your x-ray report confirms all of my suspicions and nothing new written in the report,

You have to see an Orthopedist for treatment.

Regards!
DR. XXXXXXX HANIF
USA

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Hanif 16 hours later
Sorry one more question from my hips down to knee on outer thigh i have these little bumps under skin that hurt when i rub up and down outer thigh. Do you know what thes little bumps might be? And from what you seen on xray do you think this nerve will get better and what domyou think will help it get better?
Brief Answer:
You need an Orthopedist evaluation through MRI of the spine.

Detailed Answer:
Dr. Hanif warmly Welcomes you back.

You are welcomed to ask anytime any number of queries for your satisfaction and to clear all the doubts you have regarding our health issues. I am happy to see your query and here is your answer to the raised questions in that.

Yes, the findings seen from your x-ray show some age related female specific changes in bones that are degenerative processes. Some are related to pathologies to the spine.

You need an Orthopedist appointment to look into the matter and to see how to treat you. Of course there isn't 100% permanent cure for these problems but definitely we may reduce your sufferings and you will be able to spend a pain free happy life.

To help it get better:-
Don't lift heavy weights.
Sit in a chair but don't ever cross your legs. It puts pressure on the back. Keep legs at a ninety degrees angle to the thighs. The upper body should be straight and at an angle of ninety degrees to the thighs.
Take a balanced healthy diet.
Apply ThermaCare HeatWraps around the lumbar region for symptomatic relief and fast soothing action.
Take Excedrin for pain. If unbearable pain, you may take Excedrin extra strength (or Fioricet with Codeine).
Apply Bengay OR Voltaren Gel on the painful area and massage it gently. Then apply heat [ad for a relief from pain and stiffness.
Physical therapy exercises of the back will also help you much.
Use Lumbosacral Corset during the day for giving a support to the back.

These bumps on the thighs can be due to allergic reaction, fatty tissue, lipomas etc. there are a lot more conditions that may present like that. But I am unable to comment much without actually seeing the bumps. Can you please upload a picture of the area of lesions so that I may be in a better position to help you give a better insight.

For any disease you have, a timely follow-up after sometime regarding the treatment efficacy and to see if there is any need to change the treatment options is very necessary. So keep a follow up to see how you doing (Write down my name in the start of your question always & I will be with you sooner).

Regards!
DR. XXXXXXX HANIF
USA