What causes pain in a spot on the heel?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Tue, 9 Dec 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi,

Sir I have a pain for 2 months now in my heel the right foot not all the heel only a particular spot on my heel, I feel the pain when I walk and if I press the pain spot with my finger.
Please I would like to know how I can get better?

Please I want a specialist answer.

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need proper diagnosis.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for using HCM. In my opinion there is need for a correct diagnosis of your concern before treating it. There is need for tests to be done. I suggest you to discus with your treating Doctor possibility of a x-ray radiography of your heel and an nerve conduction study (EMG) of your right foot nerves. There may be a nerve compression syndrome or a traumatic damage of your heel bone. Both conditions have different treatments and this depends on tests result. I see you used NSAID and muscle relaxant drugs together with a Vitamin B 12 analog with no benefits. I think you will be better after a correct diagnosis is achieved. Your condition is treatable. If you have further questions, feel free to ask.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Erion Spaho 6 hours later
I go to Bone Doctors and I did x-ray both told me it's inflammation but I don't think that's this is inflammation I think it's something else. Also the the heel area also not inflated. Please suggested drugs for it.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can try Gabapentin.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for asking again. You can try Gabapentin ( unless you are alergic to it), but there is need for an EMG study. It is a simple and fast, noninvasive nerve study. Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Erion Spaho 25 minutes later
I will check about EMG.

how many days I can use Gabapentin?

using Gabapentin there is a side effect? it can be effect my kidney or effects anything else in my body?

Please do you think it's dangerous.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There are side effects, like the other drugs.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for your query. Gabapentin could be started 300 mg/ first day, 2x 300 mg second day and 3x 300 mg other days.Is a long term use drug. You can use it for 15 days first. There are side effects of this drug. So I suggest you to consult your primary care Doctor and discuss possible benefits and side effects. Hope this helps.