What causes numbness and radiation of pain down neck to hands?
Get MRI of cervical spine done.
Thanks for your query.
According to your symptoms it looks like there is compression of nerve in cervical [neck area] spine. This leads to numbness and radiation of pain down your neck to hands.
Swelling all over your body and weight gain could be due to hypothyroidism or protein (albumin) deficiency.
I suggest you to get MRI of cervical spine done , get your thyroid and albumin level checked after consulting your doctor.
I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.
You need to take prophylactic medicines.
For chronic (daily) headaches you need to take prophylactic medicines, which are used to prevent headaches.
These medicines include gabapentin (Neurontin), tizanidine (Zanaflex), fluoxetine (Prozac), amitriptyline (Elavil), and topiramate (Topamax).
I suggest you to get it evaluated by your treating doctor, so that appropriate medicine can be given.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Neck pain and hand numbness
- Does radiation cause numbness
- What causes neck popping pain and numbness
- What causes pain and numbness in forearms
- What causes neck pain with tingling and numbness in hand
- What causes numbness and pain in fingers
- What causes numbness and pain in hands and joints
- What is causing numbness in hand and back pain
- What causes hand numbness when laying down
- Does radiation cause hand numbness