How can anal irritation and inflammation be treated despite taking Tylenol?
Sitz bath - cleaning the area, Calmoseptin and advised.
Thanks for your query.
Noted the history and understood your concerns.
Irritation, redness and like a burning sensation is indicative that there is an anal fissure as well as may be dermatitis of the perianal skin. There may be attendant secondary infection.
Hence I would advise you the following:
Sitz bath in a tub with warm water, to clean the area with a soaked cotton or so and then to make the area dry possibly with a hair-dryer for warm air.
You may apply Liquid Povidone iodine locally and allow this to dry; this will help to alleviate the local primary and secondary infection.
Taking a course of antibiotic, metronidazole helps to resolve the issue earlier - needs a valid prescription.
Take probiotics, activated charcoal and add bananas and yogurt to diet.
Diet to be adjusted to suit you the best from old experience.
Mild stool softener or a laxative to keep the stools soft.
You can continue to use Calmoseptin but stop hydrocortisone locally. Hydrocortisone can increase infection, makes skin soft and thinned out in a long run in some patients which should be avoided.
Multivitamins with mineral supplements help early recovery.
It is preferable to be examined clinically with per-rectal digital examination, ano-proctoscopy if the pain allows to know the exact diagnosis and since you are 70 years old colonoscopy is necessary to rule out any colon pathology.
Examination of stool and blood helps further.
I hope this answer helps you. Please feel free to give feedback and ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for anal irritation
- Drugs/medication for anal irritation
- Anal irritation when sitting
- 27 male anal irritation due to external hemorrhoids bleeding
- Diagnosis of anal irritation
- Fucidin cream for anal irritation
- C diff infection and anal irritation
- Monistat vulvar cream for anal irritation
- Anal irritation causes
- Symptoms of anal irritation
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in foot from hip to toe
- Suggest treatment for gall bladder stones
- What causes pain and bleeding post rectocele repair surgery?
- Suggest treatment for gastritis
- What causes chest pain and abdominal pain?
- What does this ultrasonongraphy report indicate?
- What causes whitish color of outside of urethra?
- What causes skin growth on buttocks oozing pus?
- What does this EKG report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for darkened glans penis