What causes nausea and subxiphoid pain after having roast chicken soup?
Visit ER, symptomatic treatment and finding the cause.
Thanks for your query and an elucidate history.
Read and understood that you had ''Chinese'' roast chicken curry soup. You started subxiphoid pain and nausea after 1 hour, decrease in pulse of 52 per minute, followed by 5 bouts of vomiting.
Bigger concern is moderate swelling of the Parotid and Submandibular glands. Possibly a slight fever.
My thoughts (ideas):
There are two possibilities.
1. Pre-existing eosinophilic salivary gland affection of the salivary glands, the esophagus and stomach. This got triggered by something in the Chinese food that was not tolerated by your body.
Hence the cascade of incidences.
2. Another possibility is pre-existing Sialoadenitis (the salivary glands), may be of viral origin and incidentally having the soup and all the symptoms together.
Drop of pulse rate could not be understood. How much is it now ? And the Blood pressure too.
I would advise you to visit the ER and get a clinical evaluation, physical examination, Upper GI endoscopy and the relevant blood and urine tests.
This will give further confirmation or at least differential diagnosis and a plan for treatment.
Anyways, you need symptomatic treatment too.
I hope this answers your query.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries or if you feel that there is a gap-of-communication.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes headachesstomach pain and nausea
- What causes abdominal pain and nausea after eating solid food
- What is the cause of epigastric pain and nausea
- What causes nausea after shower
- What causes chest pains and nausea
- Painful clitoris nausea vomiting what is the cause
- What causes nausea after eating
- What causes back pain and nausea after long walk
- What causes nausea and abdominal pain
- What causes nausea after an endoscopy