What causes missed periods with negative UPT?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2016
Mar 2016

OBGYN
Question
hi am married for past six months , during my wedding time i.e in dec 2013 i had taken regestrone 5 mg for delaying my periods for about ten days then stopped taking the medicine. following months periods got delayed by ten days and the cycle was of 38 to 42 days , last month i didnt get my periods checked for pregnancy using urine pregnancy test twice both read negative, we have not had intercourse for more than a month and if we have its always protected. i was taking biotin capsules for more than a month from may to XXXXXXX .kindly advise
Posted Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. S Patra 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
NEED PROPER INVESTIGATION.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments:

1) You didn't get your period in the last month and get NEGATIVE test recently. Besides pregnancy, period may be delayed due to hormonal imbalance, emotional upset, mental stress, Poly Cystic Ovary, irregular diet habit, high prolactin level, over weight or extreme loss, pelvic infection, thyroid disturbance etc.

2) Here, I suggest you to undergo one pelvic ultrasound scan and complete hormone test (like LH/ FSH, Progesterone, Serum Prolactin, TSH etc) to rule out the underlying cause and confirm the diagnosis. You should consult with local GYNECOLOGIST for proper guidance.

3) Proper treatment depends on diagnosis of the case. You may require cyclic progesterone pill to induce and regularize your monthly period along with other supportive treatment. Kindly, procure a complete prescription from your doctor.

4) You would take LOW CARBOHYDRATE diet with more green vegetables, drink more water, keep bowel habit regular, avoid mental stress by regular meditation or yoga, control body weight by physical exercise and maintain genital hygiene properly. Add IRON supplements additionally.

Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can directly approach me through

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=63326