Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

How can irregular menstruation be treated?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 3054 Questions
I am a PCOD since 2010. I have irregular periods and have taken medecine for it, uptill March this year I had my periods on time on consuming pineapple juice and medecine, but after that I am not having periods untill i consume regestrone tablets, plaese suggest me what should i do as i dont want to take any more medecines, I am Consuming OVACARE MAYO right now.
Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Lifestyles changes and diet changes.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.
As PCOD is endocrinal disorder and not be treated completely, you have to do lifestyle changes and diet modifications.
Take high protein and low fat and carbohydrates diet.
Do some yoga and meditation and keep the weight on check.
It will helpful in regulating your menses.
You can continue your ovral tablet.
Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How can irregular menstruation be treated? 1 hour later
Is PCOD never curable then? I am very concerned about pregnancy... I have been taking tablets since 2010. will this cause problem in conceiving, what all problems can I land into because of PCOd, IS cancer also possible?
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes,it is non curable.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Sorry for the delay in my response.
Yes,it is almost non curable disease.
You should continue the medicine, it is only multivitamin helpful in concievement.
It may cause hormonal imbalance and it may cause difficulty in concieving but you may get pregnant.
It will not cause cancer.
Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor