How can irregular menstruation be treated?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in Women's Health
Question: I am a PCOD since 2010. I have irregular periods and have taken medecine for it, uptill March this year I had my periods on time on consuming pineapple juice and medecine, but after that I am not having periods untill i consume regestrone tablets, plaese suggest me what should i do as i dont want to take any more medecines, I am Consuming OVACARE MAYO right now.
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Lifestyles changes and diet changes.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.
As PCOD is endocrinal disorder and not be treated completely, you have to do lifestyle changes and diet modifications.
Take high protein and low fat and carbohydrates diet.
Do some yoga and meditation and keep the weight on check.
It will helpful in regulating your menses.
You can continue your ovral tablet.
Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.
Good luck.
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Is PCOD never curable then? I am very concerned about pregnancy... I have been taking tablets since 2010. will this cause problem in conceiving, what all problems can I land into because of PCOd, IS cancer also possible?
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes,it is non curable.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Sorry for the delay in my response.
Yes,it is almost non curable disease.
You should continue the medicine, it is only multivitamin helpful in concievement.
It may cause hormonal imbalance and it may cause difficulty in concieving but you may get pregnant.
It will not cause cancer.
Good luck.