question-icon

What causes low creatinine level in urine?

Posted on Mon, 7 Dec 2015
Question: Your doctors keep telling me that low urine creatinine is nothing to worry about. Right now my urine creatinine is 0. This can't be normal!
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Low urine creatinine

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

Low creatinine levels in the urine can be related to reduced kidney function, malnourished and low muscle mass. However, 0 urine creatinine, in most cases its due to in inadequate sampling. Yes, you should not worry about it. Serum creatinine levels are much more reliable indicators of kidney function. If the serum creatinine is within the normal range with no elevation of BUN or urea, then your kidneys are working just fine.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Let me know if you have any query

Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.

For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=68107

Dr. M.S. Khalil
Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil