What causes irregular periods?
Please get investigated.
Hi Ms. XXXX
Thanks for writing to us.
In your case, I would like to suggest a few things:
--Please maintain a menstrual calender to see if you have some sort of regularity though you have prolonged cycles. It is often observed that delayed but regular ovulation is possible with prolonged cycles and thus fertility is unhampered.
--Please get properly investigated with a complete clinical evaluation, complete hormonal profile, trans-vaginal sonogram, blood counts and urinalysis to see for the cause of the menstrual irregularity.
--Please maintain a healthy diet and a healthy weight and also some form of regular exercise. This often helps correct menstrual irregularities spontaneously.
If you suspect pregnancy, please get a blood test done and a trans-vaginal sonogram to assess the situation.
Hope your query has been clarified. Please feel free to contact for further information. I will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause and treatment for irregular periods
- What causes missing irregular periods
- Irregular periods difficulty in conception what are the causes
- Overweight getting irregular period what is causing this and cure
- What causes irregular periods with breast sorenessheadachesdizziness and nausea
- Have irregular periods what is the cause and cure
- What can cause irregular periods
- What could be cause of irregular period with negative hpt
- Taking mercilon for irregular periods cause of irregular periods
- What causes irregular periods and blood clot discharge