What causes heart palpitations while on Betacap?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Thu, 7 Sep 2017 in Sexual Health
Question: Hi, Need advice.

Iam aged 38 male.Recently I have lost my intimacy drive with my wife.I feel so tired and have erection problems because of which Iam not having physical relationship with her.My job is so stressful and have late night shifts and coz of which I feel tired.

Due to stress I take Betacap 20TR for palpitations.

Kindly advice any medications for vitality and ED problem.This is causing problems in my marital life.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Street management is key

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

From the available reports and description it appears to me that there is need to manage stress as this is the most likely cause for the problem. Loss of intimacy drive often indicates stress and low testosterone. Presence of normal testosterone level indicates the possibility of stress causing the problem.

I am writing down few of the strategies that will help you in management of stress leading to reduction of your erection problem.

1. Diet: Ensure intake of adequate quantity of fiber. 2 servings of vegetable salad and 2 servings of fruits( One preferable citrus fruit). Orange is good source of anti-oxidants. Avoid junk food and fast food.

2. Ensure adequate water intake: Recommended intake of water is 2 to 3 liter a day. Insufficient intake of water could be a contributing factor in causation of symptoms.

3. Early morning Exercise: Brisk walking for 30 minutes at a stretch preferably in garden will be very helpful. W Make it a daily habit and incorporate in your lifestyle. Believe me it makes wonders. There is no need to go to gym r use any expensive workout instruments.

4. Avoid tea/coffee/ nicotine and alcoholic beverages: If at all you want to drink something, drink fresh lime water. It is very much refreshing.

5. Start your day with a glass of Lemon water with 2 spoons of honey added. have a good breakfast.
Include glass of milk and boiled egg in your breakfast.

6. Don't take work so seriously: We all have the feeling to excel in our respective fields and don't spend adequate time with our own self trying to understand our own needs.
The work pressure is high: Call it a day, take a short leave and hit out to picnic spot which you always wanted to go
Spend time with your family and friends.

7. While working take frequent regular breaks: Taking regular breaks will not waste the time, but it will definitely increase the productivity, concentration and reasoning. Take break for 5 minutes every 30 minutes.
Close your eyes and rotate the eye balls for couple of minutes

8. Avoid late night socialization

9. Avoid starring for longer time at the computer screen or TV for longer time

10. Steam inhalation before going to sleep will be very refreshing.

11. Meditation and yoga.

Wishing you a very happy and healthy married life.

Thanks and regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 17 hours later
Thank you sir for your advice.

But inspite of taking steps to control my stress,do I need any supplemental medications to keep me fresh and energised like Ginseng etc.

I feel very tired throught day and thats a concern.

Thanks, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can start a simple polyvitamin tablet

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.

Although it is not necessary to have tablets to reduce the stress but in case there is excessive problem a tablet comprising multiple vitamins can be used for sometime like upto three months.

Also ensure there is enough intake of anti oxidants such as vitamin E and C in the supplements.

I hope this helps you.
Thanks again.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 27 minutes later
Thanks Sir,

Would you suggest any specific tablets.

This would be helpful.

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Tab Nervon forte pr Cap corus

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.

Although there are number of options available over the counter but you can opt for either Nervon forte from Ipca laboratories or capsule Corus from Intas pharma.

A similar product can be chosen if any of them are not available at place of your residence.

I hope this helps you further.
Thanks again.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 19 hours later
Hello Sir,
Many thanks for your inputs.

Also have a query,Iam taking Ashwagandha 300mg tablet twice a day ( morning/ night) in parallel for my stress related problems.

Can I take this multivitamin tablet alongside this.If so, will there be any side effects or interactions between these medications.

Your advice would be of much help,
Thanks again.
Brief Answer:
No

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.

Aswagandha is natural herbal medicine with little interaction with other medications. Similarly the multivitamin I am recommending is natural products and regularly present in our diet. So there is no question of any interactions.

I hope this answers you.
Thanks again.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 42 minutes later
Thanks sir,

In that case I can use both of these medications, just to confirm,.

What is the dosage of cap Corus,does it need to be taken during morning or night.

Thanks again sir.
Brief Answer:
One capsule a day

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.

The standard dose of Cap corus is one capsule a day and can be taken any time of the day.

I hope this helps you further.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
In future, if you wish to ask any more questions, you can use the below-mentioned link to contact me.

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ashok-kumar/67386

Thanks and regards.