Is a free testosterone level of 71 normal?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 22 May 2018 in Men's Health
Question: My total testosterone level is 735, with my free test level being 71, with a range of 50 to 180 for free test according to the doctor. Is my free test low or normal. I am 55 at 5' 9, 189lbs I cant find a chart that shows my free test levels represented in a simple 71 value. How can I convert this number to check my normal range. What would my percentage of free test be. Please help?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is no reference range of fre testosterone in relation to age .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on your statement your free testosterone levels have been reported to be 71 ng.

There is no reference range of values of Free testosterone in relation to age .

For practical and therapeutic purpose a value below 15 is considered to be alarming and demands treatment with supplements .and Free testosterone above 35 ng is considered to be outstanding .

Since your levels are 71 ng there is nothing to be worried about at all .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.