What causes frequent urination and excessive thirst at night?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Sat, 10 Sep 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: frequent urination at night, c/o being thirsty, eye sight has not been checked in several years but now c/o not being able to see very well. not sleeping well d/t getting up every 1-2 hours to urinate. Stress level high,

quit drinking and smoking 1 1/2 yrs ago. no problems with intimacy. ht 5'8" and wt 150
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs work up and management

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern, issues with urination and thirst and problems in visual acuity should be evaluated for metabolic disordered like diabetes mellitus. At age of 49 urinary symptoms should be considered for prostate check as well and let the doctors sort it out. Just go to your doctor, let them run complete metabolic profile analysis, urine routine exam, prostate check and i am sure we will know the culprit cause.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan
Follow up: Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 29 minutes later
As a nurse this is what I thought as well. Thank you for your answer.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Thank you

Detailed Answer:
I am glad that you are familiar with the symptoms. I hope it helps. Please take the appointment as advised above for concerned experts nearby and let them sort it out for you.

Khan